The International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame is a nonprofit corporation whose purpose is to honor individuals who have made distinguished contributions to the field of adult and continuing education. It preserves the significant legacies of these individuals in a permanent exhibit of plaques on the University of Oklahoma campus. Each plaque provides a brief biographical profile and photograph of the inductee.
Who Can Nominate?
Anyone may nominate a candidate for induction into the International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame. The Board of Directors issued the invitations to the first group of inductees. Members of the Hall of Fame have responsibility for future selections.
According to the corporate by-laws of the Hall of Fame, the Board of Directors will establish qualifications for induction. Categories currently specified:
- Policy Maker
The award is focused on organizations that make distinguished contributions and significantly impact the field of adult and continuing education. The organization award is a highly visible component of the Hall of Fame’s dedication to lifelong learning.
Eligibility for the Award
Organizations to be considered for nomination should comply with five criteria.
- Vision includes dedication to the belief that adult and continuing education contributes to the human fulfillment and positive social change.
- Mission reflects opportunities for adult and continuing education by providing for adult learning growth and development.
- Organization addresses the financial support of adult and continuing education or related field.
- Organization supports programs of educational opportunities for adults that are meaningful and relevant.
- Organization has achieved significant success in extending educational services to adults.
Organization Nomination Form