Give a Gift: Honor Deceased With a Memorial Plaque
A Memorial Plaque has been placed in the International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame. The Plaque consists of 60 individual brass plates to honor deceased in memoriam. Any member of the Hall of Fame, spouse, or friend of a member of the Hall can purchase a plate to honor in perpetuity and memorialize any person who has passed on with this loving tribute.
A plate can be purchased by sending a $200.00 contribution made payable to:
University of Oklahoma Foundation
University of Oklahoma OUTREACH
International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame
c/o Nina Barbee
1700 Asp Ave.
Norman, Oklahoma 73072
Please call (405) 325-3599 for credit card payments.
- Any member of the Hall of Fame, spouse, or friend of a member of the Hall can purchase a plate. A series of plates can be purchased by different donors to memorialize the same deceased person.
The OU Foundation will send a receipt to the donor.
- Individuals can purchase more than one brass plate (multiple deceased being memorialized).
- There is sufficient physical space in the Thurman White Forum Building for more than one Memorial Plaque.
When acquiring the plate, the purchaser can designate a short inscription for the plate. The inscription should contain the name of person or organization who is being recognized and remembered, a very brief phrase of honor (maximum 30 characters including spaces), followed by the name of the donor.
- Please include an address for deceased family members. OU staff will send letters of recognition and a photo of the plaque.
- OU staff will ensure that the engraving appears in a standard font and will be added to the Memorial Plaque in a timely manner.