Give a Gift: Honor Outstanding Mentors
An Outstanding Mentors Plaque has been placed in the International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame.
The plaque consists of 60 individual brass plates to recognize and honor special people who have helped one achieve success along life's journey.
List of Selected Outstanding Mentors
| Thurman J. White|
"Thanks for the Hall"
|Warren P. Rucker|
"A Fountain of Knowledge"
|George Hyatt, Jr.|
"Visionary Leader, Role Model"
|James P. Pappas|
"Dynamic, Innovative Leader"
|William (Andy) Edmundson|
"Exemplar and Friend"
|William Dallas Herring|
"Devotion to Lifelong Education"
"Excellence in Adult Education"
Daniel D. Godfrey, Sr.
"For His Remarkable Leadership"
"Teacher Mentor Friend"
|J. Willard Williams|
"My Guiding Light"
"Professor of Higher Education"
|J. Keith Foster|
"Who Encouraged so Many of Us"
Roger K. Morris
"Modeling Creative Risk-Taking"
|C. Diane Bishop|
"A Champion for Adult Education"
Gary A. Eyre
|L. Dian Stoskopf|
"A Steadfast Role Model"
"Innovator, Leader and Friend"
|John A. Henschke|
"Chaired 45 Dissertations"
The Henschke Family
"For Showing Me the Way"
|Carl E. Kemmerly, Jr.|
"Dynamic Leader and Mentor"
|Tilton Davis, Jr.|
"A True Believer! "
|A. Frank Mayadas|
"Quality Online Learning"
|Robert Crothers Clark|
"Visionary, Intellectual Giant"
“Decades of Leadership”
|Joseph J. Arden|
"A Selfless Leader"
|Kathryn G. Frost|
“My hero, friend & great leader”
“Dedicated to the Profession”
A plate can be purchased by sending a $200.00 contribution made payable to:
University of Oklahoma Foundation
University of Oklahoma OUTREACH
International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame
c/o Nina Barbee
1700 Asp Ave.
Norman, Oklahoma 73072
Please call (405) 325-3599 for credit card payments.
- Any member of the Hall of Fame or a spouse or friend of a member of the Hall can purchase a plate.
- The OU Foundation will send a receipt to the donor.
- Individuals can purchase more than one brass plate (multiple honorees).
- There is sufficient physical space in the Thurman White Forum Building for more than one Mentors Plaque.
- When acquiring the plate, the purchaser can designate a short inscription for the plate. The inscription should contain the name of person or organization who is being recognized, honored and/or remembered; a very brief phrase of honor (maximum 30 characters including spaces), followed by the name of the donor.
- OU staff will ensure that the engraving appears in a standard font and will be added to the Mentors Plaque in a timely manner.
- Nina Barbee will send each donor a thank you card.
Please include an address for your mentor or their family members if they are deceased. OU staff will send letters of recognition and a photo of the plaque.